Thursday, November 27, 2008

Proctor Silex 31117 4-Slice Toaster Oven/Broiler, Black

Proctor Silex 31117 4-Slice Toaster Oven/Broiler, Black This extra larger toaster oven will never have you begging for more room. Enormous interior easily fits four slices of toast, a 9-inch cake pan or two personal pizzas. Includes a useful broiler for cooking versatility, and a removable crumb tray for easy cleanup. Features a 15 minute timer with automatic shutoff and ready bell. Model #31117. Two year limited warranty.
Customer Review: Reliable toaster
Before I purchased this unit I read as many reviews as I could.I have owned several toaster ovens in the past and each of them died before their time.They would either burn one side of the toast of leave one side untoasted.

This unit was selected because of a combination of a good reviews in consumers report and a fair price.

I like the unit and it does a good job of browning toast, baking small personal pizzas and rolls.The temperature settings seem to be fairly accurate.



The item arrived on time, was well packaged and in excellent condition.
Customer Review: Not worth it
This oven unfortunately does not work as a toaster, nor as an oven. Toasting is not even at all, leaves burn marks in certain areas and undertoasts in others. The oven is just too powerful for such a small space - I put something in to "heat up" and it ended up burning within less than one minute. I would not recommend this at all. I ended up returning it, and getting a different brand and model of toaster oven at a local dept store.

No comments: