Wednesday, December 3, 2008

T-Fal OT8085002 Avante Elite Convection Toaster Oven

T-Fal OT8085002 Avante Elite Convection Toaster Oven Avant??'s unique best selling slanted design is displayed here beautifully with the new Avante Elite Convection Toaster Oven. The convection function ensures even, consistent cooking results (up to 30% faster than conventional ovens) . Circulating hot air cooks faster and more evenly than a traditional oven. It's also programmable, with a digital control panel and permanent clock, to warm, toast, broil and bake. Separate warming compartment with clear glass top is handy for warming bread or rolls. Accessories include: Enamel baking pan, enamel broiling pan and tongs.Additional Features:LED Screen, 90 minute timer, 6-slice capacity, fits an 11" oven dish (rack is larger than regular toster oven), Electronic browning control (9 settings) for consistent toasting slice after slice, Front access, CD-style crumb tray for maximum cleaning convenience. Exterior may get warm during use, though not hot.
Customer Review: My favorite kitchen appliance of all time
This is an awesome product, if only in appearance. It just looks cool on my big, empty counter. Like other reviewers, I haven't really had much use for the warming tray, although I have slightly re-warmed squash in a bowl while baking a potato when my microwave was broken. Also melted butter, but unless you've got time to waste, it's not too convenient. And most bowls/dishes don't fit in the top part, at least with the lid closed. I haven't had problem with vibrations- it only does that when the door is not securely closed. You do have to push the time buttons a lot because it always starts off at 30 minutes to bake. I like the toast settings- I think there are 8, and once you find your perfect one, it does a great job. I have baked banana bread in there following the receipe instructions exactly, and it turned out 100% perfect- golden brown, cooked through but not overcooked, perfectly even crust. I frequently broil fish and toast grilled cheese; I've made cornish hens, casseroles, and muffins. Everything turns out perfect and evenly browned. Regular-sized 6 muffin tray, loaf pan, 9 in. pie plate, 8x8in. baking dish, 2qt. casserole dish all fit perfectly, although I have to put the lid to my casserole dish upside down, since the little handle on top makes it too tall. It comes with 2 racks (although you can't really use them at once because they'd be about an inch or 2 apart), and a nice broiler tray and regular tray (remove wire rack before use), and some tongs. The tongs are okay, they serve their purpose, but definitely don't replace nicer, spring-loaded tongs. The crumb tray doesn't like to latch in and the bottoms of each section do kind of stain, but everything else is easy to keep clean. It beeps a lot and is really load, so you won't miss it (and if you do, it shuts off automatically, so no worry). I guess it is kind of big, especially to open the warming tray, but I have the space, so I love it. It's a chic-looking, well-engineered product. Plus, it takes the #3 spot on Consumer Report's reviews of toaster ovens, so it is worth the price compared to Cuisinart, etc. I've used other T-Fal appliances before, and I am always satisfied- they make great products, and this is no exception.
Customer Review: Toaster should come with snooze alarm
I have had my oven for about a month.It was mainly bought to replace and old Black and Decker that was put to rest after 7 years. We are big toast fans, and use it every day for breakfast bread and bagel toasting. Though the bread toasts, and pretty evenly, it takes at least 4 and sometimes 4.5 minutes to toast a slice of bread. I am disappointed that it takes that long. I haven't used the oven much yet for baking/roasting, etc. but when I did, it did a good job. So if you are mainly buying this to toast, and want it to be faster, you may go with something else.

No comments: