Tuesday, December 9, 2008

DeLonghi RO2058 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie

DeLonghi RO2058 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie .7 Cubic Feet Black Convection Oven with manual controls and rotisserie
Customer Review: Burned the daylights out of my hand
Wanted a largish convection oven to assist for Thanksgiving. One of the extras for me was the rotisserie feature. I seasoned a 2.5 lb pork for my first rotis. experience with this beast and found that the spit did not continue turning consistently. It kind of got stuck/kept slipping out of gear. I branded my hand with the top heating element fiddling with the spit in the middle of my endeavor. I will now have a nice lifelong scar to show for this purchase. If I have time, I am going to return this piece of dreck to Macy's where I purchased it for $99.

If, as is often the case with me, this animal ends up with the various other useless or defective appliances I have accumulated and am too lazy to return, I will indulge in the pleasure of bringing it to the local dump on a day off and hurl it into the large metal compactor with extreme prejudice.
Customer Review: Disappointing
Impossible to clean interior and pan as finish comes right off with even light scrubbing. Interior scratched right away just from inserting oven rack. Doesn't have specific temps: you must estimate. Also, when using as toaster per instructions, easy to burn yourself reaching to get toast out of oven. The list of things I dislike about this oven go on. I cannot even imagine using it as a rotisserie! You'd never get it cleaned! And it is not inexpensive. Keep looking!

No comments: